UtilitiesThe following software titles are available to Taylor employees and/or students at no charge. Licensing dictates how the product can be used. Please choose wisely.
Some of the products below have license agreements which limit them to use on personally-owned computers only. Some are licensed for business use only under distribution agreements obtained for the university by Information Technology and can only be installed on university-owned computers. Some are free for both personal and business use and can be installed on any computer.
Free for both business and personal use:These titles may be installed, free of charge, on any computer.
- Foxit Reader: A free program that enables you to view Adobe PDF files.
- Flash Player: Installs the Adobe Flash media component necessary for viewing animated online content.
- HijackThis: Detects and removes homepage hijacks resulting from spyware/adware programs. Not for the faint of heart! Contact 4040 for assistance.
- Java: Installs the Adobe Shockwave media component necessary for viewing animated online content.
- Shockwave Player: Installs the Adobe Shockwave media component necessary for viewing animated online content.
- QuickTime Player: Free utility that allows you to view QuickTime movies and other animated, web content.
- CCleaner Registry Cleaner: Over time, the Windows registry becomes bloated and slow. Use CCleaner to scan for issues and fix the registry.
Free for personal use only:These titles may not be installed on Taylor-owned equipment.
- Malwarebytes: Detects and removes malicious software from Windows-based PCs. Be sure to update it before scanning for spyware (requires Internet access).
- Super Antispyware: Spyware and adware scanner/cleaner. Be sure to update it before scanning for spyware (requires Internet access).
For business use only:These titles are designed for employee use on Taylor-owned computers only.
- On-Campus Install / Off-Campus Install VPN provides remote access to Taylor's network. Useful when working off-campus. Click the appropriate link, and enter your Taylor username/password when prompted.
- Backup - Win7: Installs the latest version of 4040's backup utility. Copies Desktop items to the user's X: drive.